BOZ BLOG

Joe~LeAnn~Kade~Nicole

Friday, March 6, 2009

We had a very tragic loss at our house last night. We found Nicole's cat, Mittens. Mitten's was a special cat given to her by her friend MaKenna last June. As most of you know Mitten's went missing right after christmas. We had the big storm and thought she got lost. Nicole spend days looking for her and asked all of her friends who lived out by us to help look for it. Russell came up and shot all of the wild cats so we thought for sure he had shot her too. ( he swore he didn't). Well with all the warm weather we have been having the snow melted so much that it uncovered the body of our loveable cat. We found her laying on top of an almost gone snow pile. Soft on one side and still froze to the snow on the other. Concluding that the cause of death was she got in the way when her Grandpa Doyle brought the tractor down to scrap the drive way. He must have dropped the bucket full of snow on her and buried her. So sad! Nicole cried for over an hour, so then we said a little prayer. After that, she made a nice box to put Mittens in. We all wrote a little something on it. Then the following morning we went out and buring her. We had to put her by the house cause that was the only place the ground was thawed out enough to dig. We are now looking for a new "special" cat that looks like mittens to make Nicole happy again.

4 comments:

Keri said...

Nicole has the sadest face I have ever seen. What a sad little story. I hope she gets a new kitty real soon!

2tontansy said...

That sucks. But just remember that cats don't last long out here. She'll need a lot more burial space for her cats... Tell Nicole we're sorry about Mittens...

Gina Holdaway said...

Poor Nicole. It is a very hard thing to dig kitty-graves (especially in the winter). No really, it is a very hard and sad thing to do. I think I have dug about 5 kitty-graves in my lifetime. You should have asked Grandma Nada to come out and do a vocal number. She did that for one of my deceased kittys, Crazy Roy Dork (RIP). Cory Thomas officiated and Plaid was the pall bearer. I think I may still have the obituary that Evan Perry had done up. If Nicole needs counseling during this mourning period I will be more than happy to provide those services.
All my love during this time of sadness, Aunt Gina

Tami Anderson said...

Awwwwe. I'm so sorry. Please tell Nicole that I feel so sorry and I hope she can always remember Mittens with happy memories.

Take care Leann. Love you.